Pizza Wrap Recipe
Sautéed onions, peppers with melted mozzarella on whole wheat avocado wraps and grilled to perfection. Enjoy!!
|| 5 Mins
- 4 whole wheat avocado Wrap-It wraps
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper each
- ½ cup Pasta sauce
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely chop onion and peppers.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add chopped onions and sauté on medium-high heat until it turns golden brown.
- Add half of the chopped peppers and sauté them till they are half cooked approximately 5 mins.
- Add salt and black pepper, mix well and remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet/grilling pan on medium heat. Place a wrap on the pan, apply little oil on both sides and cook for a minute, flipping with a spatula until the wrap is hot.
- Spread a thin layer of the cooked mixture of onions and peppers on the wrap. Spread a layer of shredded cheese on top.
- Carefully place second wrap on top of the cheese and press it gently with the spatula. Add few more drops of oil while pressing gently. Pressing will help the wraps stick together and should be easier to flip it over. Cook until both sides are nice and crispy golden brown and the cheese starts to melt!
- Gently put these yummy, pizza wraps on a cutting board and cut into 4(more or less) slices using a pizza cutter.
- Enjoy with more pasta sauce or ketchup.